BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching History Take Place

Like most Americans I sat here at my house and watched history being made. Overwhelmed with emotions because I think this is actually the first election I pretty much followed the whole way through. In the beginning I was hoping to see Hillary become the First Woman President. Seeing as how that didn't pan out I am happy that she was chosen for Secretary of State and I think she will do a good job at it. I am really happy that Joe Biden is our new Vice President. I think he will be a great VP.

Watching Barack Obama become the First African American President was very moving. All day long Jenn and I kept texting back and forth on what was going on. We were both filled with lots of different emotions and we are really hope full that now our country will be headed in the right direction. It can't get any worse now can it???? (let's hope not) I'm really glad that I got to share a part of history with such a great friend. Even though we weren't together in person it was great being able to share our opinions via text messages....

When the boys got home from school today all they had to talk about was the inauguration. Even Colsen watched it today in preschool. I told them to soak it all in because they were lucky enough to witness a change in our history and they will one day be able to share it with their children and maybe grandchildren.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope that "CHANGE" will becoming to the American people and let's hope we will be a more United Nation and our soldiers will come home for good.

God Bless America!!!!

0 comments: