Today Colsen officially became a bus rider!!! He was so excited that he was going to FINALLY be able to ride the bus home from school. About a month or so ago Colsen kept bugging me about wanting to become a bus rider. I didn't really take him seriously because he has said he wanted to do this before and then changed his mind. After weeks and weeks of bugging me I finally got everything done that needed to be done for him to start riding the bus. Yesterday the bus driver and monitor stopped by our house to make sure they knew where we lived and to kind of meet Colsen. I think he was thrown off guard because he kept saying he didn't want to ride it. I told him he was riding it and everything would be okay.
As you can see he is on a normal school bus but he is only on it with other Pre-K students. He does have a bus monitor which is also a plus. I could of put him on a bus with kids that are in 3rd, 4th & 5th grades. (the way that school is set up here is..there are 2 Elementary Schools...one school has Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grades...that will be the school Colsen will attend in the fall) and the other one has pre-k, 3rd, 4th & 5th graders. Anyways, the bus that had the older kids on it does not have a monitor but I was told by the Pre-K teachers that the older kids kind of look out for the younger kids. I decided that since Colsen doesn't always welcome change in his life it would be best to put him on a bus with kids his own age and with a bus monitor. (Colsen did say that there was "1 big kid" on the bus with them).
When the bus got here today he was all SMILES!!! He said he likes riding the bus and that it goes fast. Ha ha! This is a big accomplishment for him one that makes Vic and I very proud. Now if I can only get him up early enough to ride it in the morning :)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Bus Rider
Colsen's bus coming down the street
Posted by Claudio Family at 1:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment