I got a wild hair the other day and decided that I wanted to adopt a kitten. I had taken Cali to the vet for a check-up and they had this grey and white kitten in there that was so pretty. Knowing that Vic isn't a "cat" person I went home and pleaded my case to him. I even took him to the vet to see the kitten that I was talking about. While we were there the ladies working there brought out another kitten that was black and white. He was 6 months old and already neutered (a plus in Vic's mind) and he was the sweetest thing. He was so cuddly and loving. The other kitten was about 4 months old and he was a playful kitten. I wasn't sure how the boys or Cali would adjust to a cat in the house especially one that was so playful in the fact that he liked to nibble on fingers. I took the night to sleep on it and on Saturday morning I headed back to the vet with Holden & Colsen in tow with me. I showed them both cats and they liked both of them but Holden wasn't so crazy at how the grey and white one hissed at him. Ha ha! They both fell in love with the black one so we adopted him and brought him home.
I was a little worried on how Cali would adjust because she really isn't all about cats. Although she was very jealous at first she has since calmed down. I don't think she is his best friend yet though. Ha ha! It probably helps too that the cat is content in staying in our bedroom and only really comes out when the boys are holding him. Our family is even more complete and yes I have probably had a moment of insanity but I just couldn't leave him at the vet office. He came with the name TUX and we haven't decided if we are going to change it or not? We are considering....Tux, Tressel, Buckeye and Oreo.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Our New 4 Legged Friend
Posted by Claudio Family at 6:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment