BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Home Improvements

I seemed to have become very lazy in updating anything on here or adding new pictures. It does seem to take forever to add pictures and since everyone seems to have Facebook these days I just upload just about everything on there. No excuse I know. I kept telling Bern that I would send her pictures of the flowers/plants that we planted along our walkway so I am FINALLY now getting that done. Don't ask me what the names of all of them are I have no idea. However, there are 3 type of Lily flowers that we planted that have already bloomed and won't bloom again until next summer. I was bummed about that I thought they would keep blooming. Those may be replaced next summer we will see. The plant that is like a reddish pink color is some type of Hawaiian plant. I just loved the colors of it. The one next to it was a lot fuller but since our house doesn't have gutters it was ruined by a few down pours of rain. I added the flags for the 4th of July those aren't usually in there. Scroll on down for some more home improvements that we have done in the past week.


the 3 Lily flowers




One day last week I decided to go shopping at Kohls. This is one of my favorite stores to shop at for house stuff. For a while now I have been wanting to buy new bathroom stuff for the small bathroom. I just felt like it needed more color. I wanted something bright and colorful but nothing really stood out. I had to be in the bathroom aisles for at least 45 minutes if not longer. I had all different shower curtains and matching towels and other coordinates. I finally decided to with a blue and chocolate color. (not exactly bright and colorful but it kept getting drawn back to those colors) I brought everything home and put it all in the bathroom and Vic said he liked it but it just didn't look right with the color of our walls. I just told him I would take them back and try to find something else that would work better. He said no...let's just paint the walls. I of course thought he had lost his mind but off to Lowe's we go for the paint and supplies. It took us 1 day to get the bathroom painted and decorated. It was a lot of work but fun as well. Now we are eager to continue with making more home improvements. Even though we have only been here a year we didn't realize how just painting 1 room would make a house feel a little bit more like home. Below are some before and after photos of the bathroom!
Before Photos







After Photos







0 comments: