BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Deployment

This is one of those days when you wish you didn't have to write this kind of news. We found out yesterday that Vic will be deploying to the desert sometime next month. (he will NOT be in Iraq) We do not have exact dates nor could I give those to you on here even if I knew. The only nice thing about this deployment is it is only for 90 days and we are all praying with all our might that it will NOT get extended any longer. We knew that this would eventually happen and we have been very fortunate that Vic has not deployed to the desert since 1997. He will be on a big base so he won't be out in no mans land. For that I am very thankful for because he will be a little safer this way.

The boys and I will be very busy!!! Tyler is playing for the Freshman football team at his high school. Holden decided to continue playing with his travel soccer team and Colsen is signed up for soccer as well. I will be running in all kinds of different directions but I am very thankful that I have Debi and my mom that is willing to come help when and if I need them too as well as the help of Holden's soccer coach. For the most part I am looking forward to being busy that way the time will hopefully move a little faster. With any luck Vic will be back in time for Thanksgiving but if not then he should be home shortly after.

Please keep him and our family in your prayers as we know it will more then likely be pretty testy at times but we are a strong family and we will survive the time away from each other. When Vic has mailing info I will be sure to pass it on. He would love to get goodie packages in the mail as well as emails from all of you.

Just wanted to let you know what the latest was with the Claudio's and will keep you posted as I find our more information.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Lori and Vic,

What is there to say, except I WILL keep you in our prayers and I love you very much.

Ruthie

skyesgirl2 said...

Family sticks together... we will be praying too! Tell Vic, we love him!!