I meant to post something on here yesterday for Veterans Day and I let the day get away from me. Anyways, for those of you who may have a Facebook account you saw a lot of great postings on there in regards to Veterans Day! Well, one of my closest friends posted something on hers that I think she couldn't of worded it any better. She is an amazing woman and has a way with words. I want to thank Bernie for posting this and I'm honored that I have such a wonderful friend in her!!!! Love you Girl!!!
It is the Veteran, not the preacher who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the Veteran, not the reporter that has given us the freedom of press.
It is the Veteran, not the lawyer who has given us the right to a free trial
It is the Veteran not the politician that has given us the right to vote.
It is the Veteran that salutes and stands under the flag.
Thank you and God Bless ALL our Veterans!
I'm taking a few moments to thank a few people:
Dad, even though you only got to serve 1 year in the Army I hope you know how proud of you I am for being brave enough to enlist in a time of war. Thank you for being my dad and for loving me, supporting me and for being one of my biggest cheerleaders!! I miss you each and every day and I hope you are proud of my accomplishments as a person, wife, mother and a military spouse. Your always in my thoughts and I will forever love you!
My brothers, I haven't had the best relationship with the 3 of you and I know it's because of the age difference and basically you were living your own lives when I came around and had your own families. Although we have had our ups and downs I am proud of the fact that all 3 of you enlisted into the military and fought for the freedom of your country. Your brave, strong men and I know that it takes only the bravest to be able to sign their name on the dotted line and not really know what is in store for you. You made your short careers your own and I'm sure you learned a lot and love your country even more. For that I am honored to have the 3 of you as my brothers.
Vic, the love of my life, the apple of my eye and my soul mate. We have come along ways and you have made me so proud of the career you have made for yourself in the Air Force. I'm so very thankful that you picked me to go along with you on this journey. Everyday you amaze me more and more when it comes to your job and the way you take care of your people. Those Airmen are lucky to have you as their leader, you are a fighter and you fight for what you believe in. You are one of the strongest men I know, your strength does amaze me. You are my hero and I can't express how proud of you that I am for volunteering to go to Afghanistan. It was hard for me to let you go but your country called upon you and it was YOU who chose to go and help protect the things we Americans hold close to our hearts. As a military spouse I see first hand what the military can do to a person and you my love have been one of the lucky ones. You haven't let them break you down instead you got stronger, you don't let anyone make you feel defeated, instead you continue to battle back. I'm so honored to have you as my husband, the love of my life and my best friend.
Maybe with age I have come to realize just how important our military is. These men and women put their lives on the line each and everyday for us. They don't get paid nearly enough of what they should be. They are our protectors, and without them our country would be nothing!
God Bless the military for keeping us safe and for continuing to fight for our country and beliefs!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Veterans Day
Posted by Claudio Family at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Lori
Your tribute was beautiful!!!!!
I am not proud of Vic but I am doubly proud to have you for my daughter. I would never have thought of you as a military wife but you are doing a fine of keeping the home fires burning. I know it is really difficult sometimes but you are doing a fine job.
I Love You
Mom
Post a Comment