It's hard to believe that the time has come for the boys to head back to school. Today was their first day and I think they were all nervous and excited.
Tyler was worried about not finding classes or getting lost but I told him just ask for help if he needs it or follow his friends. Ha ha! I told him he wasn't going to get into trouble the 1st week of class if he was late or what not. I still can't believe he is a Freshmen. It was so weird watching his football scrimmage last Friday night. It only seemed like yesterday that Vic and I were in the stands cheering on the Yellow Jackets and here we are 15 years later cheering on our son as he plays for the Gulf Breeze Dolphins!!! He really does love playing football. We weren't so sure how he would do since he had never played tackle but he is LOVING it!! He starts for the Freshmen team and he is a wide receiver. Can you believe in 4 years we will be watching him graduate!!!
Holden was eager to get to school today. He wanted to catch up with friends he didn't talk to much over the summer and to see who all was in his classes. I took him last Friday to get his schedule and I thought he was going to jump for joy when he found out who is gym teacher was. Come to find out his gym teacher is just as excited to have him. She said she was happy to have another athlete...Ha ha! Hard to believe that Holden will only have 1 more year of Middle School to go and then we will be sending him to High School. Time is flying by!!!
Colsen has been touch and go when it came to talking about Kindergarten. One minute he was excited and the next he wants nothing to do with it. I wasn't sure how this morning was going to go with Vic just leaving on Saturday/early Sunday he is one who doesn't like change in his life. He got up this morning without a problem and we packed his lunch, got himself dressed and was ready to go. He didn't shed on tear the whole time!! I was so proud of him!!! Of course when I told him that I loved him and was proud of him then I had to fight back the tears. I am hoping he had a great day and will be eager to go back tomorrow.
I think Tate has been enjoying the quiet day. I asked him where his brothers were and all he said was "their over there". Ha ha! I said they went back to school today. I know he likes to be able to play with the toys without fighting with Colsen but he grins from ear to ear when he seems them get off the bus. One more year and we will be sending him to preschool!!!
On another note...I heard from Vic today via voicemail. The one time I forget to take my phone in with me and he calls. He has made it to his stopping point in the Middle East and he will be there for about 3 days until he flies on to Afghanistan. He said it was 127 degrees at around 8AM and I know he is not loving that kind of heat. As I get more updates from him I was pass them on to everyone. Have a great week!!!
1 comments:
Sounds like a busy, wonderful day. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Tough cookie to handle what you are up against. Hang in there!
Love you,
Ruthie
Post a Comment