BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Short Trip to Ohio

March 5th was my grandma's 80th birthday!!! My mom and aunts had been planning a surprise party for her birthday and I so wanted to be able to go home for it. Thankfully, Vic's TDY got cancelled and I was able to make it. I flew home on my grandma's actual birthday. She had no idea I was coming home. I usually call her bright and early on her birthday and when my mom picked me up from the airport she let me know that grandma had been wondering why she hadn't heard from me. I actually thought about calling her from the airport but I was too busy getting my cardio in hoping I was going to make my connecting flights which thankfully I did! Anyways, one of my grandma's friends told her she would take her to dinner for her birthday. They were going to Nick's in Utica. (a pizza shop) We decided that we would all go to Nick's and surprise grandma. Well, I kind of hid from her in the restaurant and once she was seated and was getting over the shock of her daughters showing up for dinner I popped out and said "Happy Birthday Grandma". Needless to say she was shocked to see me there. We had a great dinner and the food was soooo good. We headed back to grandma's for a night of a lot of laughs and story telling.

On Saturday was her big surprise party. The party was held at the Methodist Church in Utica. She had a great turnout there ended up being about 70 people there or so. She was in total shock and couldn't get over the fact that no one had slipped up and told her about it. It was a great way for her to celebrate her 80th birthday and I know it will be a birthday she will never forget. My mom and aunts did a great job in planning it!!!


Grandma & me at Nick's after we ate dinner
Gregg & Pat..after having a few beers decided to act like Beavis & Butthead

Me with my niece Kyleigh waiting for the party guests to get there


She is so cussing us out in her head...ha ha!
we all loved what this balloon said..It's not the age It's the Attitude!!
Happy 80th Birthday Grandma! Looking good and still going strong!




While I was in Ohio I tried to make my rounds and see as many of my friends and family I could. It was hard being there only on a long weekend. I had a great time with those of you I got to see. It is always fun going out and catching up with everyone.
I was able to see Bern and the kids for a few hours while I was home. When I got to her house she wasn't back from the store yet so Logan and Dusty showed me their new pad. They turned an old shed into a club house and they all did a really nice job in decorating. I of course gave them some decorating points. haha! I know where they will be spending most of their summer at that is when they are not busy swimming in grandma's pool. Their club comes equipped with a fridge, TV & game cube. What else could a kid ask for? As always I can't get over how much they grow from the last time I have seen them. Everyone is doing great and looking forward to a summer filled with baseball and softball games! Hopefully a trip to FLORIDA is in the works as well!!!

Dusty & Logan posing in their new clubhouse

Me & Shea
Me with all my nephews..Dusty, Logan & Del
Bern & I
Bern with all her kiddos

0 comments: