I have been extremely LAZY in updating our blog sight. I can't believe I haven't even put anything on here since November!!!! I have mostly been updating pictures and what's been going on with us on Facebook. Realizing that not everyone has a Facebook account I need to do a much better job at updating our blog. With that being said here is the latest run down on what has been happening with us here in Florida......
Vic is of course busy with work. After being step promoted (in December) to the next rank he has a lot more responsibility now and is doing a great job at his new position. He also reenlisted for 5 more years on March 5th. Hard to believe that we are in the home stretch of possibly retiring. We only have 5 more yeas to go!!!!!! To be honest I will be SHOCKED if Vic retires at 20 years but with any luck maybe our economy will be better and there will be a lot more job security out there then what there is now. He is also coaching all 3 of the boys in baseball. Colsen is in t-ball again and both Tyler and Holden are playing together. We haven't seen them play on a team together since Japan. Vic is having a blast at coaching the boys and they really seem to enjoy having him back out there on the field with them.
I'm still busy playing taxi driver and keeping every ones schedules straight! I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful husband that understands that I need breaks and he makes sure I get them when needed. I have also been busy with painting our house. I only have 5 more rooms left and it will be complete. I have really enjoyed doing it (well except for the prep and clean up work). Even though we have lived here for almost 2 years our house is finally starting to feel like home. Vic and I also became Florida residents!!!! It was hard for me to give up my Ohio drivers licenses after so many years of having it. It does have a good feeling seeing an address on your licenses that you are actually living in and paying for. I am officially a "southerner" but will always be a "northerner" at heart!!!!!
Tyler still seems to be thriving in high school. His basketball season finished up in February and he was named Offensive MVP for the Freshmen team!!! That was another proud moment for Vic and I. He had such a GREAT season that we are looking forward to next season already! He is really growing as well. We are just a couple inches away from having to LOOK UP when we talk to him! He may look like Vic but more and more he reminds me of my dad. One thing is he does live and breathe sports like his dad and papa does. Spring football will be getting ready to start for him and he is looking forward to that. All in all he is one busy teenager with school, friends and sports!!!!
Holden is one busy bee. If he's not out on the baseball field then he is out on the soccer field. He has had a great "spring" soccer season. He has I believe 3 more tournaments left and he will be on break until Aug. He also ended up playing basketball at our church for a few games and did really well. We haven't seen him out on a court since our 1st year in Germany. He continues to do well in school and of course seems to be "Mr. Popular." I guess its a good thing to have a child who is every ones friend, I was just telling Vic that he is such a people person that he could make a new friend in line at the grocery store. He is growing too, I don't think he will be as tall as Tyler but he has really shot up in the past few months. Holden has entered the teenage world and seems to be going at it full throttle. I have no doubt that he will keep Vic and I on our toes and these may be the funniest years or the most frustrating years that is still to be determined.
Colsen is doing WONDERFUL in Kindergarten!!!! He is on grade level for EVERYTHING! He has been reading books since before Vic got home from Afghanistan. Needless to say Vic came home to a whole different little boy. Colsen has become our little "worrier" he is already stressing over the fact of college and how hard it may or may not be. I told him he needs to worry about getting thru Elementary School before even thinking about college. He had a GREAT basketball season with Vic has his coach. He is doing well with T-ball and is ready for soccer to start in the fall. He is by far the most trying 6 year old there is but I pray each day that he grows out of it and hopefully one day he won't enjoy fighting with Tate so much!
Our little man Tate, is growing like a weed. Hard to believe that in a months time he will be 3!!!! My gosh where has the time gone??!??! Now, if only we can get him potty trained!!!!! I have been working with him and he goes just about every where BUT the potty! For some reason he just won't go in it. He will sit on it but has no desire to go in it. At this rate I'm afraid he will be going to Kindergarten in pull ups! I of course thought that potty training the 4th boy would be a piece of cake. Boy was I WRONG!!!! I even told Vic that he may have to take time off of work to get him trained because NOTHING I do is working!!!! So, if you could say a prayer for Tate to start wanting to go in the potty that would be WONDERFUL!!!! Other then that he is talking a mile a minute and ALWAYS has something to say. He is a good mixture of Tyler and Holden. He is smart like Holden and has a natural athletic ability like Tyler does. Like Tyler, he was born with a ball in his hand and I fully believe he will be our true little football player!!!!!
Cali & Tux are now friends! They have their moments but for the most part they are no longer going after each other. At times I feel like we have had Cali a lot longer then 5 1/2 years. We got very lucky when it comes to pets that is for sure and for that I am very thankful!!!!!
I think this pretty much covers everyone. Again sorry for not updating this as often as I once was. The boys are on spring break next week and we haven't decided on any plans yet. We hope to see some new faces come and visit us this summer. Our door is always opened.
Until next time........
Friday, March 26, 2010
A Claudio Update!
Posted by Claudio Family at 8:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment