BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Vic's Photo Shoot in Afghanistan



I got this picture from Vic today. Apparently they had a little photo shoot of the guys in his squadron. He said in the email he didn't know that he was going to have his picture done with his weapon and hat on but I think it turned out pretty good. He looks GREAT!!!! We can't wait to have him back with us.

Thanks Vic, for being the type of man who is strong & brave enough to enlist in the military and who was willing to volunteer to go to Afghanistan. It was hard for me to let you go knowing you would be entering a war zone. That was one of the hardest things I have ever done by letting you go there. Geesh and I thought basic training was hard that was nothing compared to watching you board that bus. Ha ha! I hope you know that the boys and I are soooo proud of you and I know the rest of our friends and family are as well. I'm honored to be your wife and best friend. Now make the time go faster and come home to us!!!!!!! We miss you!!!!

3 comments:

Shanan said...

I found your blog and just wanted to drop by and leave you a note. I can't imagine what you must be going through having your husband so far away. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate and support our troops and what they do for our country. I am a football coaches wife and it is hard. I bet I have said a million times that I just don't know how military wives do it. What I have to deal with PALES IN COMPARISON to what you all go through eachday. May God bless you and protect your family. I will be praying for you!
Sincerely,
Shanan Fowler

Emily said...

Makes me very proud to be an American...as well as related to him! Love to you Lori while you wait for his return.

Ruthie said...

Thanks,Vic! We are so proud of you AND your family! You will have our prayers until you return to us SAFELY!

Love,
Ruthie

p.s. Hang in there,Lori! You're doing a great job too!